Monday, May 4, 2009

Vans shoes at OCC

Since 1966 Vans has immersed itself in almost every part of American culture with its well-known shoes. And Vans representatives took some time out of their busy schedules Thursday night to tell Orange Coast College all about it.

Things you may not know about Vans:
1. Vans is a family own company founded by Paul Van Doren.
2. Was originally called the Van Doren Rubber Company.
3. The original price for the men's shoe was $4.49 and the women's was $2.29.
4. 1975 is when Vans started making shoes for skateboarders.
5. The checkered slip-ons first became popular when they were featured in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. That led to Van Doren's having to sell nationally as opposed to just in California.   

Representatives from almost every department in the Vans company came to talk to OCC about their job and how to get into the action sport industry. Even the founder's children work for the company and offered words of wisdom on topics ranging from resumes to work ethic. They had a lot of information to give out, as well as a bag of goodies from the company.

-Christina 

17 comments:

  1. Vans has a great choice of action sports shoes collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the site is really nice and well designed and the shoes designs area really in nice colors.
    visit the site the URL is
    http://www.treds.co.uk/manufacturer/vans/97/1
    the site provide the great designs in the site so visit it and get a lot of design....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dude, this is a really useful blog for me as I’m a mad Vans shoes fan who loves skateboarding more than anything else. The kind of shoes I wear on my skateboard are definitely these and at home I also have a really comfy pair of Vans Trainers UK ,classic slip ons to wear about the house. So imagine my surprise at finding a blog that talks about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your site in nice. Here is more fashionable shoes which is reliable and design for every sport.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your site is very lovely. Here is ugg boots UK, all the boots are made very carefully. And specially for those who concerned with fashion and sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the blog, I was searching for some material about vans shoes, I like the one you wrote that "the checkered slip-ons first became popular when they were featured in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. That led to Van Doren's having to sell nationally as opposed to just in California", thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good info i am big fan of skateboarding and love to use vans shoes they are really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really good info i am big fan of skateboarding and love to use vans shoes they are really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good writing, and I very much agree with your thoughts and insights. Hope that more could write such a good word, I said, to continue coming to visit, thank you for sharing.i love Etnies shoes very much .

    ReplyDelete
  10. This website is awesome. I constantly come across something new & different right here. Thank you for that data.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am really impressed to see the information and comments...
    i have seen the above comments and i realize that this post about vans shoes is really helpful for peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice post...Very interesting...Thanks for sharing such informative post...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful post, just good to see it.Thanks for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning..!!! It made me stop and to look into it deeply, it’s so wonderful and I want to appreciate you from the bottom of my feelings,

    Natural Minerals

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and got a lot from them. To me, you are doing the great. Really I am impressed from this post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always find some interesting stories or lines in your blog posts. That is why I keep coming back, thanks.

    ReplyDelete